AQAS is an independent and professional agency for external quality assurance in the field of higher education located in Cologne, Germany.
AQAS offers international accreditation at programme (Bachelor, Master and PhD) and institutional level and has conducted procedures in countries on four continents, e.g. Austria, France, Turkey and Moldova, in Chile, Oman, Kazakhstan, Russia as well as Ghana and Nigeria.
Our special expertise lies in:
- a flexible methodology successfully implemented in national and international programme accreditation across all disciplines
- a broad experience in accreditation of joint / double degree programmes
- a broad experience in the accreditation of teacher training programmes (national & international procedures)
- tailor made methodologies fit for purpose
- strategic partnerships to develop innovative solutions.
AQAS is supported by more than 90 member institutions, both higher education institutions (HEIs) and academic associations, and is service-oriented towards HEIs. AQAS was founded in 2002 and has since accredited more than 6,500 study programmes at universities and universities of applied sciences, including numerous programmes outside of Germany.
Our approach focuses on quality enhancement; as part of the assessment we aim to support the further development of programmes.